While my life may not be thrilling and extravagant everyday, I like to think the lulls in life are worth it to get to the exciting adventures --the ones that send me across the world, introduce me to life changing individuals, and deepen my love for people and the beautiful creation we live in. I want to invite you to share in my journey of adventures - to laugh, cry, and be filled with pure joy at each step of the way.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

and it begins.

annyeong haseyo! I mean, hello!

Life is becoming more comfortable.  I'm not saying that it is necessarily comfortable yet, but it's not uncomfortable.  I've conquered the subway AND the public bus system.  Coming from a small town girl whose original town does not even have their own dial-a-ride system, I'm pretty proud of myself.  The past few days have been about adventuring around my apartment, learning how to control my heating/hot water (it's confusing), figuring out where I am in relation to other teachers, and discovering the joys/annoyances of apartment buildings. pro: my own space (even though it is very small). con: paper thin walls. my neighbor has quite a coughing problem. nasty.

Here is a little guided (by yours truly) tour of my little apartment:


tour of my apartment...don't mind the awkward title: "my movie".  I'll master movie maker soon. :]
My apartment building.

down one street

the other way.

sweet park I found near my apt!

traditional market

so much food

comforts of home.

so, I'm not going to write much because I need to be getting to bed - tomorrow is a very big day.  It's my first official day of school.  However, I have NO idea what I'll be doing.  I may begin teaching tomorrow, I may desk warm (literally sit at a desk and do nothing), I may be introduced to the school and observe some teaching, or who knows what.  I literally have no idea.  What an adventure!

If you're so inclined, I now have an address - and I love snail mail. :]

janggi-ro 38gil24 #202
Dalseo-gu, Daegu, South Korea.

1 comment:

  1. love the apartment! my favorite is the wall paper cuz its crazy like mine!! :) soo.. since your shower if over the sink, is that where you just stand? lol

    ReplyDelete