While my life may not be thrilling and extravagant everyday, I like to think the lulls in life are worth it to get to the exciting adventures --the ones that send me across the world, introduce me to life changing individuals, and deepen my love for people and the beautiful creation we live in. I want to invite you to share in my journey of adventures - to laugh, cry, and be filled with pure joy at each step of the way.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Back again...I think...

I've been avoiding this blog like a plague.

However, I don't quite understand why. It's not for a lack of happenings, desire to write, time, or what I should write about. I mean, I spend most of my runs thinking of what would constitute a compelling blog post (if only I could just write it as I run!) Therefore, I can only attribute it to a severe case of blog-writing-laziness. Here's hoping that I've found the remedy and will keep writing regularly!

Well, a quick update on my life.  In my last post Learning to Quit. (without being a quitter), I had just tactfully quit a position I was in training for at an autism school.  That decision was definitely the best for me - and allowed me to pick up not just one, not just two, but THREE amazing jobs for the fall.  Job #1: Mondays and Fridays were spent substitute teaching when needed mostly for Hughson Unified School District, where I had attended school K-12. Those stories will need a blog post in themselves!
Job #2: Tutoring college students in English, ESL, and Psychology in the Tutoring Center at CSU Stanislaus Tuesday-Thurs.
Finally, Job #3: Tutoring all ages (everything from grade 2 - high school!) at an amazing place called Huntington Learning Center in the evenings.

It's honestly amazing how God led me away from one job that highlighted my weaknesses and straight into 3 jobs that fit together well and played to my strengths! Starting with the new year, I've decided to have fully availability for subbing as well as gain hours at Huntington.  It's not quite a full time job, but it's perfect for what I need!

Other than work, I've joined a gym and gotten really into attending the workout classes, I'm still living with my parents for the time being (not as bad as it sounds - I baked for them all day yesterday and today and can hear my mom making homemade popcorn as I type! Plus...they're pretty amazing in general so as long as they can handle me being here, I am grateful for their generosity!), I've rekindled friendships with old friends as well as met fresh faces that I connect with, I'm excited about a two week trip I'm taking for Dec30 - Jan14 (one week in Chicago to visit my dear friend Jacs and one week in New Jersey to visit my cousin Emily!) and of course, my little niece and nephew are absolutely as adorable as ever.

As 2012 comes to a close, I'm just so grateful. While my life is not happening exactly how I had envisioned, it is happening. I feel like that should be the theme of this seemingly awkward time of my life.  No, I'm not married. No, I don't have children yet. No, I don't have a 9-5 job.  But my life is happening. And it's happening the way God has intended. That's enough for me.

So as the New Year rings in, take a moment to look back on the year.  I challenge you not only to look at the joys of the year, but also look at the challenges. the heartaches. the setbacks.  What have you learned from them and how can you continue to implement those lessons for the positive into your life today.  For that's what life is. To have life happen. To learn from those happenings, and then to move forward.

merry Christmas & happy New Year, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment