I guess I should be saying "annyong haseyo south korea!"
so I'm currently sitting in my room in Busan, South Korea at the university that is hosting the EPIK Orientation. I'm sharing it with another teacher, Michelle and we have a quaint little typical dorm room except the showers aren't so typical. The shower is not really a shower - it's a showerhead on the wall above the sink. I just attempted to shower and miraculously didn't get my towel wet - what a feat! I'll post pictures as soon as I have the time.
As I'm sure you're all aware...traveling is exhausting. Coupling normal exhaustion and jet lag with a stuffy nose and motion sickness, I have been through the wringer. After I tearfully said goodbye to my parents in San Francisco (and finding out my bags were perfectly 50 lbs each!), I waited for that plane no problem. The problem was the bumpy flight and lack of Dramamine in my system. bleh. LAX was quite an adventure though. After being told the wrong terminal, I had to power walk to the right terminal, stand in 3 lines, and finally get on the plane. Korean Air was amazing. Wonderful service, great inflight movies etc, fairly comfortable seats, and I sat next to a sweet korean couple that spoke a little English. I tried my first Korean meal Bibimbap or something like that which was good - even for airplane food! I slept most of the way, and then into Seoul we landed!
Seoul was insane. Well for me at least. I was told to get in one line which wasn't correct so I had to push my way out. Then through customs, then to get my bags which I could only find one. After panicking for 20 minutes, a Korean Air rep helped me find it (thank goodness) and I had to get ALL of my luggage to another terminal and check in yet again. I finally found a TON of EPIK teachers - I think there were about 40 on my flight from Seoul to Busan which was so fun!! It's kinda a hurry up and wait kinda deal here so we do that a lot which has given us plenty of time to talk to each other!
A lot of waiting and a 45 minute bus ride later and I'm here! We don't have anything scheduled for today (it's 3:30pm here) so we're going to go for a walk, eat another meal and go to bed! I still feel kinda motion sick, but that's life. Seeing characters everywhere is overwhelming to say the least. But, I'm here! finally! I'll update more later with pics and all that jazz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


YAY!
ReplyDeleteOh Rach, I am going to love LOVE reading your blog.
Praying for health, rest, and fun :)
I love you!
Glad you made it safely!! You are wonderful and are doing great so far -- love hearing your cheer even amidst motion sickness and airport chaos. Love you lady.
ReplyDelete