While my life may not be thrilling and extravagant everyday, I like to think the lulls in life are worth it to get to the exciting adventures --the ones that send me across the world, introduce me to life changing individuals, and deepen my love for people and the beautiful creation we live in. I want to invite you to share in my journey of adventures - to laugh, cry, and be filled with pure joy at each step of the way.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sing your heart out!

During my parents' visit to my school while they were in Korea, a big bi-annual singing competition was held between the classes within Kyungwha Girl's High School.  Each 1st grade class (like sophomores) was paired with a 2nd grade class (like juniors) and they performed together.  The performances were held in the auditorium where all the classes were dressed up for their time to shine and sat in rows on the floor.  It felt like kinda like the rallies we had in high school but instead of sports teams and ridiculous games, they had dance competitions and each class sang.  Anyway, because of this competition, my parents were not able to see me teach but were able to see the competition.

In the weeks preceding the competition, the girls were practicing nonstop.  Many of my classes were cancelled so that they may practice in the music room and I could hear singing any hour of the day if I sat outside.  I believe each group had to have a funny song, a slow song, and a fast song.  One Friday before the competition, one of my classes had a few extra minutes at the end of my class and asked if they could practice singing right there.  Intrigued, I said yes (also, they are my most engaged and well behaved class so I give them extra slack) and they proceeded to serenade me.  I was blown away by their sound and organization as they were being led by their "conductor" (just a regular student), and singing acapella.  I didn't have my camera that day but had them do it again for me the next week.  Here is the video of them singing in class...remember that they aren't choir students but just regular girls! [they mess up a bit at the end, but they were so nervous that I was videoing them! haha]



The next is a compilation from the actual singing competition. I tried to do a mix of what they performed - watch it if you like - in my opinion they're so good but I may be a little bit biased!

No comments:

Post a Comment