While my life may not be thrilling and extravagant everyday, I like to think the lulls in life are worth it to get to the exciting adventures --the ones that send me across the world, introduce me to life changing individuals, and deepen my love for people and the beautiful creation we live in. I want to invite you to share in my journey of adventures - to laugh, cry, and be filled with pure joy at each step of the way.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Moving into the unknown....yet again.

I just love the way life works.

I love that we often cannot see the big picture, and that while we are seemingly drowning in sorrows, struggles, and trials, God is simultaneously building us up, creating more character, moving us forward and ultimately covering us in grace and love.

Last spring, I felt lost. I had been rejected academically and professionally. Finding my niche back in Hughson was a struggle, let alone figuring out how to balance the independence I had cultivated in South Korea with living back in my [wonderful] parents' home.

A year later, I thoroughly love the two jobs I have, I was accepted to all four graduate programs I applied to, I have renewed old and discovered new wonderful friendships, I have been able to spend a great amount of time with my sister and her family, and I am now getting ready for the next adventure - moving to Redding to attend Simpson University's Master's program in Counseling Psychology so that I can work towards being a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Life is good.

As I usually am before big changes, I'm nervous, excited, and slightly sad - all at the same time. That's the beauty of change to me; It's never just a walk in the park. It's a walk in the park where you might step in dog poop. Or a walk where you meet an amazing person. Or a walk where you catch yourself with one person on your mind that you haven't seen in forever. Or a walk where you trip in front of a group of people and just have to laugh at yourself. Or a walk where no one is on the swing set so you jump on and go as high as you dare. Or a walk when all of that happens. 

The thing is: you will never know what happens on that walk unless you take it. It's unknown unless you try.

BUT. One thing I do know is this:

No matter what happens on that walk,
God is good and He loves you more than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment