While my life may not be thrilling and extravagant everyday, I like to think the lulls in life are worth it to get to the exciting adventures --the ones that send me across the world, introduce me to life changing individuals, and deepen my love for people and the beautiful creation we live in. I want to invite you to share in my journey of adventures - to laugh, cry, and be filled with pure joy at each step of the way.

Monday, January 3, 2011

A fresh start.

Well, I've decided to embark on blogging again.  As some of you may know, I did a bit of blogging when I was studying abroad in Ireland to document my time as well as allow others to have a glimpse into the adventures I was experiencing. (takingonireland.blogspot.com if you care to read them!)  I have the same overall goal here, although at this point I don't know if my adventures will be outside of the US or just some good ol' American life experiences.

Along those lines, I'm on pins and needles waiting to see if I will be enjoying the US or South Korea for the next year.  I was on route to be teaching English in South Korea from mid-Feb 2011 to March 2012...however, I was supposed to be assigned a city by the end of the year - and it's currently January 3 with no news. In this case, no news is bad news.  Now I don't know if I will be going at all, and if I don't, I must now figure out my life and job and grad school and everything joyous like that.  To question if I am stressed is quite a silly question - I most undoubtedly am - but am working on this whole concept of trusting God to lead me in the direction that He wants me to go.  Not my own desires, but to live out His story for my life...and it's hard.  I like plans and being decisive and stability.  God tends to throw those things out of the window (or just keep me out of the planning process, which I guess is understandable, I mean, He IS God.)  Anyway, now is just a waiting game...we'll see!

Okay, let's back up.  You might have noticed the title "Attempting to live a good story" and thought, "great, but what does she mean by that?" Let me explain.  If you've read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller, it should make sense.  If you haven't read it, go buy it and read it right now - seriously so good and life changing.  Anyway, it's about Donald Miller comparing each of our lives to a story.  Our life IS our story.  They have what he calls inciting incidents, memorable moments, etc.  He shares his progression of learning what it takes to live a good story - and that stories have ups and downs but take choices and risks and adventure to make them enjoyable.  He also talks about how God wants us to live a good story...and I guess that means I want to live a good story too! That should clarify the title a bit and my goals in doing this blog...feel free to comment, email me thoughts on anything I post, or just follow along with my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment