While my life may not be thrilling and extravagant everyday, I like to think the lulls in life are worth it to get to the exciting adventures --the ones that send me across the world, introduce me to life changing individuals, and deepen my love for people and the beautiful creation we live in. I want to invite you to share in my journey of adventures - to laugh, cry, and be filled with pure joy at each step of the way.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Snow, Trick Art and 50 days.

Lately it seems as if my life has been simultaneously busy and slow.  I know it's because of the conflicting feelings I'm having about leaving for home so soon (less than 50 days!).  I want time to speed along so I can just get home and enjoy everything but there's sooooo much I need to do before that point and I want to remember to relish all the adventures here.  Anyway, here are 2 fun things that have happened recently.

SNOW!!
Similar to how I thought I liked seafood, I thought I liked winter.  I assumed I would enjoy a chilly winter and hoped for some snow.  However, all throughout December, all we had was cold. No snow, just feeling as if I was in a freezer all day.  The heating at school is very inefficient with non-insulated windows and doors and they don't heat the hallways so even if it's slightly warm in the office, every time someone goes in and out gusts of freezing air come in.  A few days I could see my breath as I walked down the hallway. The English Zone's heater is independently controlled in the room...so that's where I spend most of my time :)

Apparently living in San Diego made me a wuss in cold weather so I am constantly layering with long johns, tights, scarves, wool socks, the works. I also am a new convert to the previously made-fun-of Ugg boot which is my new favorite shoe because it's the only one where my toes do not lose feeling. It's not even that cold here (highs of like 37-42 are normal) but because I spend so much time walking outside to and from school, bus and subway stops, etc. it seems worse.

However, we finally got a bit of snow here in Daegu!! It's my first time living in a city that gets snow, and I was like a child I was so excited.  We had some that kinda stuck on New Years Day and then a few days later got some more overnight! I was on my first half of vacation this week so on Wednesday I went on a snow seeking walk and ended up spending a few hours wandering around my area of the city.

I've decided that I love snow - well, I would maybe change that if I lived in a ton of it, but for now, I love it!!
Happy New Years - with snow!!
downtown.
coming into Duryu Park from my neighborhood
gorgeous half frozen lake
messy hair, cold nose, but loving the snow!
my school (under construction at the back)
Trick Art Museum
A little over a week ago, Amy and I decided to hit up the traveling Trick Art Museum that is currently in Daegu.  It's an exhibition of art pieces that are designed to look 3D.  You can pose with them so that it looks like you're actually in the art.  We had a ton of fun with them - here are just a few of the pictures!
well, 14 days until my vacation in the Philippines, 49 days until Hawaii, and 60ish until I'm HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment